AS I LIKE IT!
December 28, 2016
MY FEARLESS 2017 PREDICTIONS
Considering that I have some degree of difficulty picking football games, you’d think I would generate enough ridicule and scorn to satisfy my desire for rejection and pain. Good thought, but I’ll insist on going where angels fear to tread and give you my ten predictions for 2017. At least y’all won’t know if I’m wrong until sometime in 2017, and, maybe you’ll have forgotten all of this by then.
- The Donald’s honeymoon with the professional politicians in the Republican Party will begin to unravel within ninety days of the inauguration. Congress probably thinks Trump was elected President but will be shocked to find that he thinks he acquired the country through a leveraged buyout. The first time he attempts to enter legislation on Twitter, they’ll begin to get the picture. The Congress’s reaction will be mild compared to Donald’s reaction when he screams, “YOU’RE FIRED” and someone brings up the Pendleton Civil Service Act.
- The Western World, including Russia, will awaken to the dangers of Radical Islam and decide to do something about fighting it. Think about the First Crusade.
- The Democratic Party will undergo a top-to-bottom redo. Lord knows, it needs it. The bad news is that the special interest groups who so excel in minority politics will hijack the effort, so nothing much will change. The DNC will continue to support the fringe area Ivy Leaguers who insist that since they are smarter than the rest of us, they should be able to make our decisions for us. It may be fifty years before they catch on.
- Popular entertainment will continue to respond to the dumbing down of America and produce more and more TV and movies featuring battles between machines and zombies. Whatever happened to The Hallmark Hall of Fame?
- The NCAA will finally hand down its decision concerning irregularities in the Ole Miss Football program. The Rebels will get a slap on the wrist as a warning to mind their manners. It’s okay to do whatever you want to do within the State of Mississippi, but don’t decide to tug on Superman’s cape and try to do it in Alabama. If the Sabanator wants the Rebs to sign a football player, he’ll send them a clear signal. He won’t offer the kid a scholarship.
- Alabama will win the National Championship, and Dallas will win the Super Bowl. If this doesn’t kill their chances, nothing will.
- The economy will start 2017 at all-time highs, and the Republicans will lower taxes, eliminate regulations, repeal trade agreements and deal the labor unions a body blow. When all of that sinks in the Dow should finish the year near25,000. Unfortunately, many Americans will not feel all of that prosperity.
- The Affordable Care Act will be repealed, and the insurance companies will design something even more profitable and less efficient. Millions of Americans will be without healthcare.
- Gasoline prices should plummet. We’ll be drilling wherever there is oil, and pipelines will be built to transport the new production. With the deregulation of coal-fired generating plants, electricity will drop in price as well.
- The Ophelia-Auburn area will continue to be one of the top places to live in the USA. Good leadership at the municipal level will assure good education and vigorous economic growth. State government will continue to be mismanaged by the Ayatollahs, who have made us the laughing stock of state governments.
Well, there you have it. Please save your applause until all of the results are in.
I hope you enjoy a safe and prosperous 2017.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Crystal Ball image is licensed under CC By 4.0 — linked to http://www.pixaby.com
Categories: As I Like It!